Pinky Lynn

A blog about celebrities, wanna-be celebrities and anyone in between.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Reality TV Review

Okay, so after catching up on the latest Gauntlet, O-Town and Barker escapades, I have a few observations to note.
  • First, did anyone for even a second doubt that Derrick would beat Syrus at the beach brawl? He must have been a wrestler in high school. It's a little too much of a coincidence that the ones we love to hate keep getting 'Captain's Choice' as their game though.
  • Is Ashley Parker Angel for real? Is he supposed to be the male version of Jessica Simpson? Like the former Mrs. Lachey, I've never heard his music, but I am intrigued with the show.
  • Just when I didn't give the Barkers enough credit, they turned around and began to make some smart monetary decisions! Although they had to take away their daughter's Christmas tree because it was too expensive, they more than made up for their 'Scrooge-ness' with a valuable lesson.
  • As a final note, I don't think MTV will allow any show that has too many normal names! As we all know, anyone with a less-than-common moniker is a shoe-in for Real World and Road Rules. But now it's gone to another level, with the Angels and Barkers naming their kids Lyric and Alabama! I guess we can look forward to Apple, Zahara and Pilot Inspektor starring in a MTV show in the years to come!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen Michaels said...

I've tried watching Ashley's show and thought the same thing - "Is this guys for real???" Who trims their hair in the hospital while you are about to have a baby? I guess he isn't too focused on his new baby or girlfriend - just wants to make sure he looks good at all times. This may be one of the few MTV shows that I don't get addicted to!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Pinky Lynn said...

Corky, why am I not surprised you like Coral :-)

However, I can't stand Derrick. He is just as bad as Beth and doesn't even realize it.

Can't wait for the Key West one, there's got to be some crazy stuff going on down there.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home